Website Commonwealth of Virginia
For consideration for this position, candidates MUST apply online at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Applicants are encouraged to be specific regarding job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities. Resumes are encouraged but do not substitute submittal for the online application. Please contact Human Resources if you need assistance. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during applications and/or interview processed per the American with Disabilities Act. Contact 804-225-4185 for assistance. Minorities, people with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA
- Supervises the management of contracts, grants and donations to the Veterans Services Foundation.
- Tracks and interprets regulations, guidelines, and policies that influence and affect programs and provides recommendations to leadership. Provides strategic management for the directorate in building and nurturing private and public partnerships. Oversees the budget and travel for the directorates.
- The Director supervises two programs: Virginia State Approving Agency and the Virginia Military Survivors and Dependents Education Program. The Education Director coordinates collaboration between all student veteran resources, including but not limited to transition, education and employment programs.
- The Department of Veterans services is seeking a qualified applicant to serve as the Director of Education Programs, this position will be responsible for assisting the
- Deputy Commissioner in leading, managing, and developing long-term strategies and goals for two cross collaborative directorates. The Director of Education Programs manages the Cooperative Agreement between the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Acts as a representative of VDVS supporting boards, committees, speaking, presentations, and any other partner requests for the agency.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with federal, state, and local government officials, with superiors, coworkers, subordinates, and the veteran community.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships at the strategic and operation levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets, contracts, and other federal, state and agency resources.
- Demonstrated ability to set section’s organizational vision and objectives, and to lead, motivate, train, supervise, hold accountable, and manage staff in furtherance of state and agency goals.
- Ability to compose, organize, produce, and present complex ideas, concepts and informational materials to executive and legislative branches, community partners and events, in briefings and reports, as well as staff members.
- The ability to research veterans’ issues and to reply to legislative and executive constituent inquiries.
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply, the laws and regulations pertaining to federal and state veterans’ education and training benefits.
- Knowledge and understanding of the military and/or veteran’s communities.
Qualification & Experience:
- In Program Management, Public Policy, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Master’s degree – 3 years Related Experience
- Doctoral Degree – 1 year Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree – 5 years Related Experience
- Any combination of education and job experience that leads to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above. A minimum of five years’ experience with veterans.
- Experience working with diverse constituent groups (elected officials, state/local/federal government officials and organizations, veteran service organizations, community groups, boards, etc.). Experience prioritizing the use of resources (fiscal, personnel, facilities, etc.) to provide for program performance and service delivery.
- Experience in identifying target population needs, monitoring programs, evaluation of overall program performance, implementation of policies and procedures, and supervision of all levels of program personnel.
- Experience leading and directing complex and/or multiple programs. Experience leading, managing, and directing the administrative, fiscal, human resources, and budgetary actions of a service-delivery unit. Experience managing the administrative, planning, scheduling, operational, and programmatic activities of a service-delivery unit (program, office, etc.).
Company: Commonwealth of Virginia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bluefield, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A