This position is located in the Management Directorate, Office of Administration, Logistics Management Division. As a Staff Assistant, you will conduct administrative operations of the office, coordinate and monitor tasks and projects, ensure that deadlines are met, independently handle a wide range of issues and speak authoritatively based on an in-depth knowledge of a high ranking official’s policies, commitments and interests.
- Conduct the administrative operations of the office including, but not limited to, budget, accounting and finance, procurement, human resources, information technology, property management, security, and health and safety.
- Conduct substantive reviews of correspondence. Prepare correspondence for management signature.
- Manage the Division Chief and/or Deputy Chief’s schedules, responding to and coordinating correspondence.
- Conduct research on administrative projects to gather all available data, analyzes data to ensure that all relevant facts are presented and develops options and recommendations.
- Coordinate research materials within the office and prepare briefing materials, talking points and executive summaries.
Plan, analyze, track and monitor tasks and projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- The responsibilities described are for the full performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure
- Political appointees may require OPM approval before on-boarding
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
- You must pass a drug screening
Qualification & Experience:
GS-09:You qualify at the GS-09 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, which is equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the federal government, that equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. You must have experience performing the following duties:
- Ensuring priorities and deadlines are met on a variety of administrative programs and projects;
- Ensuring that all requests for action or information are acted upon;
- Providing advice on administrative procedures, reports, and requirements;
- Assembling information to be used for reports or responses to inquiries.
- Reviewing outgoing correspondence and reports to ensure proper format, grammar, and coordination; OR
You may also substitute successful completion of a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in an accredited college or university, or a J.D. OR L.L.B. degree may be substituted for experience at the GS-9 grade level. Such education must demonstrate the skills needed to do the work. A course of study in business administration, public administration, or related fields is qualifying. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 36 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 2 years of full-time study requirement.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A