Website State of Michigan
The Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) is committed to cultivating a positive workplace culture where diversity is the norm and where inclusion is fostered. In an effort to mitigate bias in the hiring process, applicants’ personal information, such as your name and address, is hidden during initial review. Applicants are therefore encouraged to provide detailed education and work experience in the online application, which will be the primary focus of the initial review of your application. As your attached resume is also hidden during this review, please do not put “see resume” instead of listing duties under your work experience.
- The Maintenance Director is responsible for the operation of physical plant at Michigan Veteran Homes at Grand Rapids, which includes two separate heating systems, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitation and storms system, grounds and landscaping, environmental, fire and safety, environmental services (housekeeping and laundry), materials management, and pest management.
- The function of this unit is directly responsible for the safety and efficient operation of the facility by the State and Federal regulatory agents.
- This position provides direct supervision of the maintenance mechanic(s), and skilled trades while coordinating the operations of the environmental, grounds keeping, and security staff for a 400,000 net square foot, long-term care facility.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
- One year of experience equivalent to a Power Plant Supervisor 11 or Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor 11.
- Five years of power plant operator or maintenance mechanic experience, including two years equivalent to a Power Plant Operator 10 or
- Maintenance Mechanic 10; five years of building trades experience, including two years equivalent to a Building Trades Crew Leader E10; or five years of skilled trades experience, including two years of crew leader experience equivalent to the 10 level in state service.
- Two years of experience as a supervisor of two or more skilled building trades; i.e. building construction, alteration, maintenance, and/or repair, including one year equivalent to a Building Trades Supervisor 11.
Company: State of Michigan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A