Website State of Michigan
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
- The Services Specialist will utilize child welfare practice skills to ensure children are protected from abuse and neglect.
- When child abuse or neglect is indicated, specialists work closely with families and the legal system toward a goal of reunification, independent living, or other permanent living situation.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of professional experience providing casework services to socially and economically disadvantaged individuals equivalent to a Services Specialist 9.
- Possession of a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a major in one of the following human services areas: social work, sociology, psychology, forensic psychology, education, community development, law enforcement, behavioral science, gerontology, special education, education of the emotionally disturbed, education of the gifted, family ecology, community services, family studies, family and/or child development, counseling psychology, criminal justice, human services, a human services-related counseling major, or interdisciplinary studies in social science.
- Two years of professional experience providing casework services to socially and economically disadvantaged individuals equivalent to a Services Specialist, including one year equivalent to a Services Specialist 10.
Company: State of Michigan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cadillac, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A