Website State of Michigan
The health and safety of our employees is a top priority for Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, and we are taking steps to ensure that safety. Although the official work location for this position is stated in the position description, our employees are temporarily working remotely as part of our COVID-19 response.
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares confidential and sensitive documents, and briefs the administrator or executive regarding content.
- Makes referrals to appropriate staff or provides requested information
- Receives and screens incoming calls and visitors, determines which are priority matters, and alerts the administrator or executive accordingly.
- Performs a variety of administrative or executive support tasks for two bureau divisions, the Staff Development & Policy and the Business Network.
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports; makes preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organizes documents; handles some matters personally and forwards appropriate materials to the administrator or executive and staff.
- Utilizes various technology and software to develop reports on departmental/division strategic initiatives, activities and related matters for assigned bureau administrators.
- Provides administrative and executive support to assist administrative officials involved in the development, implementation, and executive management of programs and policies for departments and agencies of state government.
- Interacts with state administrators, high-level executives internally as well as both the public and private sector business community, staff and the general public in order to represent members of division management team.
- Coordinates office management activities for the administrator and management team.
- Five years of administrative support experience where use of a personal computer to prepare correspondence, reports, charts, etc., or to enter/retrieve/update information is an essential part of the work, including two years equivalent to advanced (8) level administrative support work, Secretary E8, or Legal Secretary E8; or, one year equivalent to a Secretary 9, Legal Secretary 9, or Senior Executive Management Assistant 9.
- Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Company: State of Michigan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Traverse City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A