Website State of Michigan
At MEDC, we help Michiganders prosper by investing in our businesses and communities, enabling the growth of good jobs and promoting Michigan’s reputation as a world-class business location and travel destination. By joining our team, you will play an integral role in directly supporting Michigan’s success, where you work, live and play. Come be part of the team that’s transforming their everyday as a Grant Manager.
- Coordinates Request for Proposals, review of proposals, execution of grants, monitoring performance of grants, grant amendments and review of semi-annual progress reporting.
- The Grant Manager is the primary grant administrator for Michigan Strategic Fund (MSF) and Michigan Economic Development (MEDC) entrepreneurship and innovation programs.
- This position provides grant management and oversight to complex entrepreneurship and innovation programs.
- This involves working with grantees to help them reach success in performing their grantee duties for the MEDC/MSF.
- This position requires a minimum of three to five years related experience and/or training in grant administration, project management, or economic development. Required experience with programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce and SharePoint.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field; preferably a degree in business administration, public administration, or information technology; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred candidate will also have advanced experience with negotiating contracts, consulting with Michigan businesses, and strong familiarity with investment capital, SmartZones and Michigan’s entrepreneurship programs.
Company: State of Michigan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Traverse City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A