Website City of Philadelphia
The Financial and Grants Lead is responsible for managing a team tasked with overseeing finance and grants functions for the OPAL ERP and DW/BI project. The team’s focus areas include general ledger and encumbrance accounting; pre- and post-award grants, projects, contracts, billing, and reconciliation; non-grants projects contracts, billing, and receivables; assets; and cash, investments, and debt. These are permanent exempt positions that will move to maintenance and support after the project is complete (in 3-4 years).
- Develop and document unit test cases; and
- Provide functional analysis and input on workflows related to financial and grants transaction processes;
- Provide weekly tasks reports to functional leads.
- Identify and report on production issues and document enhancements requests;
- Participate in regression testing efforts; and
- Review, administer and monitor workflow development procedures;
- Look for opportunities to incrementally optimize new processes.
- Work with OIT and the project team to meet the delivery schedule;
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills;
- Extensive supervising, coaching, inter-personal, and collaborating skills and overseeing high-quality and timely deliverable creation.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle from a functional lead perspective;
- Extensive accounting experience in a lead role;
- Strong problem solving and analytic skillsets;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to create leader, user, and project documentation and procedures, clearly and concisely;
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-tasking in a fast-paced organization; and
- Knowledge of Financial and Grants transaction processes and technologies;
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with implementing ERP and/or DW/BI solutions strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of professional experience with finance and grants, including general ledger and encumbrance accounting; pre- and post-award grants, projects, contracts, and billing; non-grants projects contracts, billing, and receivables; assets; and cash, investments and debt;
- Completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with coursework in accounting, finance, operations management, IT, business administration, or a related field or equivalent experience;
- Experience with processes for establishing new grants in accounting, tracking and reporting systems; and
- Experience preparing grants reports; and
- Experience with grant administration processes, verifying funds, ensuring legality of transfers;
Company: City of Philadelphia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A