Website City of Philadelphia
The Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) oversees most major technology projects for the City of Philadelphia (CoP), ensures continuity of the City’s technology operations, and finds new ways to help the public interact meaningfully with technology. OIT uses technology to help City employees do their work better and helps residents get what they need from municipal government.
- May communicate with a company executive regarding the status of specific projects.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing a budget and schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
- Departmental or enterprise impact
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Medium-high level of risk
- An average of 12 to 24 month planned durations
- Responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Multiple interfaces
- A team of 10 to 20 resources
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors.
- Approved execution budget over $1 million
- Generally, manages large projects. In general, a large project has five of the seven characteristics:
- Moderately defined scope
- Has signatory authority on project.
- Conduct kick-off meeting
- Establish project deliverables
- Writes clearly
- Supports team building
- Monitor and control project work
- Manage changes to project scope
- Speaks clearly
- Implement approved actions
- Recognizes contributions
- Demonstrates high ethics and values
- Communicate project plan
- Possesses good listening skills
- Identify high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of a Bachelors degree program at an accredited college or university, which has included major course work in Computer Science or Information Systems. OR
- Minimum six (6) years project management or management experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience, preferably within IT
Company: City of Philadelphia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Altoona, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A