Website LaGuardia Airport
Lead daily fire suppression operations and team members. Tests, inspects, maintains and repairs the fire alarm, fire suppression and support systems located throughout LaGuardia airport and offsite buildings. Ensures fire alarm and fire suppression systems meet standards according to local governance.
- Troubleshoots and repairs any deficiencies found during testing.
- Disables fire detection and suppression systems to allow for completion of ongoing construction projects on the campus.
- Maintains up-to-date as-built drawings for all fire and suppression systems. Notes any discrepancies found during testing/preventative maintenance.
- Ensures supplies are available for repair or replacement for fire alarm systems and automatic fire sprinkler systems.
- Maintains and contributes to a safe work environment.
- Conducts an ongoing test program to ensure proper operation of the fire alarm signaling systems and the automatic fire sprinkler system (To include, but not limited to smoke detectors, signals, fire doors, water flows, tamper switches and fire pumps).
- Drain down sprinkler systems for updates as needed.
- Maintains and repairs the fire alarm, fire suppression and support systems.
- Maintains an ongoing preventative maintenance program for the fire alarm and fire suppression systems to reduce the possibility of false alarms and system malfunctions.
- Knowledge of all current facility code and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- The job requires operating tools or equipment with a skill level that is typically acquired through trade or vocational school training.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be required in order to communicate with vendors, guests, hospital staff, management, co-workers and all other persons
- Knowledge of circuitry and wiring for fire alarm systems
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and communication with staff, management, and customers.
- Knowledge of basic electrical
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems
Qualification & Experience:
- High school or equivalent required
- 5-7 Years Of Experience Preferred
Company: LaGuardia Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Queens, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A