Website LaGuardia Airport
The commercial programs, including the retail and service businesses, at LaGuardia Airport Terminal B are core components of LaGuardia Gateway Partners’ (LGP) business plan and financial model. The Manager, Commercial will be responsible for the successful development, leasing, activation and management of the retail and services programs, partners and businesses throughout all existing and new areas of Terminal B.
The Manager will oversee the operational and financial performance of such partners and businesses with the objectives of maximizing commercial (non-aeronautical) revenue, expanding the Terminal’s commercial offerings, enhancing LGP’s and Terminal B’s competitive positions, and elevating guest service and experience.
- Manage the guest experience program that includes mystery shops, passenger engagement surveys, employee incentives and employee learning & development to ensure the highest level of guest service to passengers.
- Represent LGP in community- and privately-sponsored events that add value to LGP and the local community and foster good relations and community growth.
- Assist in the preparation, procurement and/or administration of all sub-contracts relating to commercial businesses, including concessions, office, storage and other space rental, advertising, property development, etc.
- Monitor commercial performance by establishing and using suitable KPIs benchmarked against other airports, terminals and transit centers, shopping centers, and other comparable non-airport facilities.
- Ensure regular reporting and coordination within LGP and to its external partners and stakeholders.
- Provide input to the annual plan and yearly budget as it relates to the Commercial Operations.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and guest experience teams on entertainment, activations, promotions and other sales driving and experiential initiatives.
- Develop and implement successful commercial strategies, plans, campaigns, and programs to ensure maximum performance, annual growth in sales and sales per passenger, and increased revenues.
- Provide support to other teams and commercial partners for the smooth transition into new premises.
- Conduct daily/weekly operations and concession performance visits to monitor quality assurance, guest experience, and lease compliance.
- Develop appropriate processes, systems and methods to understand the current travel retail environment, trends and influences on customer buying patterns with a view to the development of new product offerings.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure continued services during Irregular Operations
- May provide additional support and assistance to the development of community, government and industry relationships.
- Assist with the development of annual budgets and business plans for the Commercial Team.
- stablish, manage and maintain strong relationships with commercial partners, partner agencies and other stakeholders, including government regulatory agencies, local governments, airlines, vendors, sub-concessionaires, consumer groups and the airport business community.
- Audit Commercial Partner operations to ensure compliance with Lease requirements and Standard Operating Procedures and work constructively with Commercial Partners to resolve issues as they arise.
- Lead and mentor Commercial team members. Promote and maintain strong team morale.
- Demonstrated ability with change management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and oral presentation abilities
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities
- Team player with proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance
- Strong Microsoft Office- Word, Excel & Powerpoint
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Marketing or other related areas preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in retail and commercial management preferred, ideally in shopping centers, other retail environments, terminals and transit centers, airports, and comparable non-airport facilities
- Three or more years of leadership and management involving direct and indirect reports
Company: LaGuardia Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Queens, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A