Website LaGuardia Airport
The Operations Process Excellence Manager role is intended to focus on the development of a holistic approach to improve efficacies and enhance operations within the existing organizational structure. The goals of the role are to support the Director of Operations in daily execution of the Terminal operations while simultaneously focusing on opportunities for improvement and enhancement of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Miscellaneous duties include reporting (regulatory, statistical, financial), team building and management, future-looking planning and ensuring smooth implementation of new procedures developed. The successful candidate will be comfortable working closely with the Director of Operations while also exhibiting a high sense of autonomy in daily activities.
- Lead and participate in implementation of quality/customer-service standards and other programs.
- Clearly communicate business process findings and develop reports to stakeholders on operational findings and recommendation.
- Clearly communicate process changes and update Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) for Training and consistency purposes.
- Use statistical methods to analyze information and develop plans, new innovations, tools, controls, and technology requirements.
- Research, Identify and provide solutions for various operational situations or airport/aeronautical specialized areas.
- Develop and complete audits to analyze operational effectiveness, identify trends, and promote sustainable process improvements.
- Collect and organize information from various sources to develop and maintain operations reporting tools and regulatory compliance documents.
- Supports Director of Operations in day-to-day activities, planning, execution of overall comprehensive terminal operating plan.
- Develop operational plans and processes for a successful execution of day-to-day operations intended to reduce complexities and improve team/passenger experiences.
- Develop collaborative methods to document and track the performance of the team to optimize operations, experiential, and facility standards.
- Assist in recruitment and development of the operations team.
- Partner with subject matter experts, business partners and vendors to work collectively to identify opportunities and create efficiencies.
- Increase process stability through standardization and adoption of procedures.
- Contribute to development of a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, enforcing, and following LaGuardia Gateway Partners standards and procedures.
- Facility/Property Management knowledge
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with focus on process improvement
- Project and time management skills; experience with project management software tools.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in fast paced environment
- Strong Office software skills: Advanced Excel; PowerPoint, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to solve issues
- Customer service focused
- Knowledge of SMS (safety management system).
- Operations background preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of Operations Management, Project Management, Facility/Property Management experience or similar capacity
- Experience in an aviation/airport setting or customer experience preferred
- Experience working effectively in a regulated environment preferred
- Knowledgeable in airport airside and terminal operations preferred
Company: LaGuardia Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Queens, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A