Website LaGuardia Airport
The Ramp Controller, Facility Planning & Scheduling coordinates ramp control and gate management for Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport. Reporting to the Manager, Facility Scheduling and Planning, this position serves as the liaison between the airport operations staff, tenants and the FAA concerning apron flow and common-use resource management.
The successful candidate will provide real-time operational support to manage the distribution of LGP’s common-use assets and assist in the development of the seasonal schedules.
- Building the daily gate, check-in counter, carousel and outbound baggage schedules for maximum efficiency
- Coordinates with the appropriate stakeholders to determine departure priorities during winter snow operations
- Maintains a daily log of the Ramp Operations including issues or concerns that may require follow up
- Uses radio to provide instruction to pilots for aircraft push-backs, approved taxi routes, ground delay
- Coordinates with the FAA, Port Authority and LGP Operations personnel in emergency situations
- Monitors radio frequency for aircraft arrivals and departure requests
- Implementing the seasonal schedule by updating the database with real-time data
- Monitors the daily allocation of common-use resources and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise
- Preparing various reports for internal and external stakeholders as required
- Maintains the flight information display system and operate cameras, monitors and other systems necessary for resource management
advisories, any construction issues and/or emergency situations
- Controls the safe movement of aircraft on the ramp area, ensuring proper sequencing and separation.
- Providing real-time information to stakeholders (air carriers & business partners) necessary for the efficient and optimal facility operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 3 years of operations experience, preferably in an aviation or airport setting
- Experience working effectively in a regulated environment
Company: LaGuardia Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Queens, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A