INTERPOL is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of INTERPOL Member Countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation and disabilities. INTERPOL places no restrictions on the eligibility of candidates, without distinction as to race or ethnic origin, religion, opinions, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. However, the national policy and laws in force in INTERPOL host countries may mean that staff members’ spouses or partners, while legally recognized by the Organization, are not given the same recognition when they reside in certain duty stations. When this is the case, the Organization will inform the candidates accordingly to ensure that they are aware of the situation and allow them to make an informed decision. Candidates are also encouraged to familiarize themselves with specific laws and policies that may impact their personal and family situation in the duty station to which they apply.
- Assisting accountants and the Business Accounting Administrator on recording all accounting entries, and on carrying out treasury operations relating to Incomes and Expenditures, Assets and Liabilities, for the entire Organization including externally-funded projects executed by it, in accordance with relevant Financial Regulations, Rules and Financial Directives.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
- These tasks should be performed under the supervision of the Business Accounting Administrator or the Treasury Coordinator.
- Assisting the supervisor, or the Business Accounting Administrator, in implementing/updating software solutions and information systems to improve accounting accuracy and productivity and for carrying out procedural and accounting process changes to streamline efficiency and reporting accuracy for the Organization.
- Assisting the supervisor, or the Business Accounting Administrator, in preparing meetings (such as the Investment committee), reports and statistics in relation with the financial activity of the Organization.
- Attention to details, good listening skills, curiosity, sense of initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Analytical skills and an ability to maintain objectivity and apply logic.
- Experience of working within a public sector / law enforcement environment would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an international or multicultural environment is desirable; either from employment in an international organization or
- from participating in e.g. international working groups, joint international projects etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in the area in Accounting/Finance. Candidates with a two-year higher education diploma need no previous experience.
- Computer skills including the detailed use of office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook; Power Point and an experience with SAP, Verify or Codexia will be an asset.
- Demonstrable financial and numerical skills including understanding of treasury.
- A vocational diploma is required in Accounting, or the Baccalaureat or equivalent diploma.
- A university Bachelor’s-level education, preferably in accounting/Finance, will be an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A