Website U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
This position is located in the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Government National Mortgage Association Ginnie Mae. If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 22-HUD-1479-P which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
- Be a senior advisor and authoritative source who provides policy analysis to the SVP. This analysis includes developing policy or procedures in response to statutory changes, identified problems or policy changes, providing in-depth technical analyses; coordinating findings with senior and other staff; preparing reports for and or providing briefings to agency policy makers; and developing advice and strategies regarding Ginnie Mae issuers.
- Assist the SVP in meeting the goals and objectives established by the Secretary and President in the development, implementation and or modification of policies, regulations, requirements and procedures of Ginnie Mae programs.
- Advise and assist the SVP in the resolution of policy and programmatic problems and, as necessary, represent the SVP in special meetings, conferences, or negotiations both within and outside Ginnie Mae.
- Please refer to “Conditions of Employment.”
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
Qualification & Experience:
- Specialized experience is one (1) year of experience at the GS-14 level, or equivalent, which is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement and has equipped the candidate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position successfully. Specialized experience is defined as follows:
- Providing guidance to senior management and other staff about transactions, lender/servicer profiles, and financial structures relating to the residential finance industry; AND
- Providing industry/counterparty analysis, policy recommendations, and technical support necessary for the protection and improvement of Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) programs.
- Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
- Time-in-Grade: In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-15 you must have been at the GS-14 level for 52 weeks.
- Time After Competitive Appointment: Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment.
Company: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A