Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Chief Information Officer, in Miami, FL or, Lafayette, LA or Irving, TX.
- Through subordinates direct, coordinates, and oversees work of the IT Operations Division
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance to senior management officials on how to craft high-quality IT solutions and/or deliver enterprise-wide operational support.
- Leading multiple design teams in the development of systems specifications and/or the operations/maintenance for major new applications.
- Assesses new and existing systems design methodologies to improve software quality and the impact of new/existing systems design policies on the systems design process and the operational and maintenance requirements.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Time in Grade: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. Time in grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
For GS-15: One (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent performing duties such as:
- Reviewing the impact of new systems and/or existing design policies on the systems design processes and/or the operational and maintenance requirements.
- Leading implementation activities and/or IT Operations.
- Integrates security programs across disciplines.
- Presenting recommendations for adoption of new methodologies and/or improvement of existing IT operations.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A