The ideal candidate for this position will have experience supervising staff and administering compliance actions with the National Environmental Policy Act, the Endangered Species, and/or National Historic Preservation Act. This position starts at a salary of $126,233 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the FIMA team within FEMA.
- Managing a highly complex, professional workload of environmental protection and historic preservation programs and projects and applying a broad range of emergency management knowledge and skills to provide expert advice, guidance, and policy interpretation on a wide variety of issues.
- Ensuring staff adequately administers programs and plans which impact the delivery of nation-wide, multi-region services to support individuals and communities affected, or potentially affected, by disasters.
- Handling assignments of national scope and significance, serving as an expert in the formulation and dissemination of program guidelines, policies, plans, and procedures for effective implementation of programs.
- Exercising technical and administrative supervisory controls to plan and scheduling work to be accomplished within and by subordinate organizations.
- Providing subordinates with the requirements and descriptions of the work to be performed and tracking progress.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Writing and managing National Environmental Policy Act and EO11988 Floodplain Management documents; and
- Analyzing and delivering written reports, briefings, and providing recommendations to senior leadership on environmental protection programs and other federal legislation and executive orders, OR
- Directing work with environmental compliance requirements on a presidentially declared disaster.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A