Website DC Government
This position is located in the Department of Health (DC Health), Center for Policy, Planning and Evaluation (CPPE), State Center for Health Statistics (SCHS), Data Management and Analysis Division (DMAD). The Data Management and Analysis Division is responsible for the collection, statistical analyses, maintenance, and dissemination of the vital records data (i.e., births, deaths, fetal deaths, marriages and divorces, and abortions) generated by the Vital Records Division and other population health and surveillance data, including but not limited to Healthy People, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), and Occupational Health.
- Incumbent is also responsible for the operation of statistical data systems to measure the effectiveness of a large number and variety of public health programs.
- The incumbent of this position serves as a Supervisory Statistician and is responsible for executing a full range of direct supervisory functions over the DMAD’s staff.
- Develops statistical data collection methods necessary to meet the increasing emphasis placed on program evaluation and health planning.
- Develops and supervises the application of relevant statistical databases for decision making for the Department, including statistical support in the development, implementation, surveillance and evaluation of health and medical care programs of the Department.
Qualification & Experience:
- Individuals must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the Grade 14 level. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped the individual with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position such as leadership or direction of professional work in the management of public health programs, planning and coordinating, developing and implementing strategic plans; or performing similar management or senior level public health related work.
- It is strongly preferred that the incumbent have at least two years Supervisory experience.
- Combination of education and experience–courses as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. The experience should have included a full range of professional statistical work such as (a) sampling, (b) collecting, computing, and analyzing statistical data, and (c) applying statistical techniques such as measurement of central tendency, dispersion, skewness, sampling error, simple and multiple correlation, analysis of variance, and tests of significance.
- Degree that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data, such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing.
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A