Website City of Raleigh Municipal Government
The Solid Waste Service (SWS) Information Technology (IT) Division oversees all GIS and Solid Waste related technology functions within the SWS department. The Senior Route Analyst supports the SWS IT Division by providing frequent and specialized route auditing to maintain balance and efficiency and accommodate the rapid growth rate of the City’s population. In addition, this position supports several citywide waste initiatives and service enhancements that require an increased level of GIS and technology systems support. The Senior Route Analyst works collaboratively with Operations to provide routine route optimizations, support route changes, manage routes within a route management system, develop routes needed for special projects, service delays and monitor route efficiency.
- Assists in the evaluation, selection and implementation of software solutions; performs workflow analysis and defines business requirements; researches, implements and tests solutions; maintains routing/mapping within the system.
- Monitors system/operational performance measures; researches and evaluates processes; identifies system requirements and related costs. Provides consultation and
- subject matter expertise in support of projects and solutions; researches and develops mapping products and reports; provides analysis.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Provides overall administration of a large RMS computer system and provides daily operational support.
- Serves on project planning teams and steering committees; provides support of technology projects and related tasks including scope definition, resource allocation, scheduling, budgeting and monitoring deliverables.
- Assists with the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance of various technology systems and related equipment; evaluates hardware and software compatibility; establishes priorities; performs testing; monitors and maintains system security and integrity.
- Researches and analyzes maps, routes, route metrics and data, etc. in support of project initiatives, data-driven decision making, route efficiency, etc. Prepares, updates and maintains technical documentation, files and records; manages and maintains databases and related information tracking.
- Provides on-site and/or remote technical support; researches, troubleshoots and identifies complex technical issues and root causes; analyzes issues and processes; details findings; resolves issues; provides technical instruction and training to users; provides resource materials for reference and operational support.
- Develops specialized routes based on service enhancements, service changes, changes in traffic patterns due to road obstructions and weather events, safety concerns etc.
- Training and coaching staff (based on assignment).
- Principles and practices of program administration and management.
- Supervising and evaluating staff performance (based on assignment).
- Techniques and methods for organizing, prioritizing, assigning and monitoring work (based on assignment).
- Supervisory principles, practices and techniques (based on assignment).
- Assigning and monitoring work performed (based on assignment).
- Practices and methods of coaching and leading the work of others (based on assignment).
Qualification & Experience:
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Associate’s Degree in computer science, information technology or directly related field and four years of related technology support experience.
Company: City of Raleigh Municipal Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A