Website City of Moreno Valley
Under general supervision, Interns perform general assistance and support duties in supporting City departments and perform related duties as assigned. The assignments focus on career development and professional growth. The incumbent will receive both formal and informal mentoring and broad experience in a variety of areas. They will also receive a quality and pragmatic understanding of municipal government, its challenges and rewards.
- Collect, summarize and analyze information and statistics.
- Perform paraprofessional field assignments for Public Works, Parks & Recreation and/or Community Development.
- Assist in the coordination of programs and events such as conferences, trade shows, briefings, tours and meetings.
- Plan and implement programs, special projects, assignments and events.
- Provide general support to staff as needed
- Researches and compiles data for specialized reports and records; ensures data accuracy; compiles and prepares reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- City organization, functions, rules, policies and procedures applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Basic research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Office practices and procedures.
- Compose correspondence and prepare documents from brief instructions.
- Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare clear, accurate and concise records and reports.
- Basic principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, purchasing and maintenance of public records.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Operate a computer, word processing and spreadsheet software and other standard office equipment.
- Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create complex documents and materials requiring the interpretation and manipulation of data.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Organize, set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
Qualification & Experience:
- A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent; and be currently enrolled in a college Master’s Degree level program.
Company: City of Moreno Valley
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Moreno Valley, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A