Website City of Elgin, IL
The ideal candidate will be a personal trainer with the ability to teach group fitness classes and will instruct and lead members, in a group environment, though safe and effective fitness classes for our members & patrons. This position is responsible for providing group exercise fitness instruction and supervision in variety of formats. Candidates must be able to instruct multiple fitness levels and ensure the safety of all patrons in the class. This person will enforce all building policies pertaining to group exercise and be able to communicate these to a diverse group of patrons why policies are in place.
- Communication to direct supervisor regarding cancelled classes and responsible for finding own coverage.
- Instruct a variety of group exercise classes.
- Actively market and promote own group fitness class(es).
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the room and equipment.
- Maintain communication with other Campus Recreational Services Team members regarding positive recognition, performance reviews, substitution, and schedule conflicts.
- Build relationships with patrons and participants.
- Knowledge of fitness equipment and exercises.
- Arriving to class 15 minutes early to prepare and set up.
- Attend all monthly mandatory meetings – when scheduled.
- Must have a current nationally recognized fitness certification in Group Fitness
- Must be available to work a minimum of 1-5 classes per week.
- Must have own liability insurance
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications Required
Company: City of Elgin, IL
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A