Website City of Detroit
Under general supervision, maintains City-owned property site maps.
- Reviews construction permits for compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Plans, directs and reviews work assignments of technical and support professionals.
- Instructs and trains staff on requirements, policies, procedures and best practices for provision of departmental operations.
- Investigates street name changes and coordinates the assignment of house numbers.
- Confers with staff of the City Engineering Division and the Law Department on engineering or legal issues.
- Coordinates the preparation of map descriptions and proposed changes to street, sidewalk and alley rights-of-way.
- Investigates current conditions or proposed changes affecting sidewalk, street or alley rights-of-way.
- Coordinates the processing of property rights-of –way petitions and preparation of land descriptions.
- Reviews tract indexes, deeds, probate files and other documents to verify that property is free of liens and other problems.
- Provides general and specific information related to petitions and property inquiries.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School graduation or G.E.D.; preferably completion of two years of college with courses in Civil Engineering.
- One year of recent experience in investigational work, preferably in the area of street or building permit work.
Company: City of Detroit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Traverse City, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A