Website City of Columbus
The Community Relations Chief oversees key functions for the department that are integral to sharing the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department’s story, engaging our community, and ensuring the department’s sustainability into the future: fundraising and development , communications and marketing, strategic and government leadership. The Community Relations Chief reports directly to the Director of the Columbus Recreation And Parks Department. The Chief has a team that consists of eight full-time staff, one part-time staff member and two interns.
- Lead the partnership team approach in attracting, retaining and growing sponsors, financial and program partners;
- Lead the engagement , development , and fundraising efforts including the leadership and management of the Columbus Recreation and Parks Foundation;
- Oversee the creation and implementation of department-wide communications and marketing strategies that reach key audiences including traditional and online approaches;
- Assist the Director with strategic planning initiatives that guide the work of the department.
- Serve as spokesperson to print and broadcast media as necessary;
- Serve as legislative liaison to the Columbus Recreation And Parks Commission, City Council , state and federal legislators and their staff;
Qualification & Experience:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional or managerial experience, which included policy formulation responsibilities. Substitution(s): A master’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience. A law degree may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience.
Company: City of Columbus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A