Website City of Atlanta
The purpose of this job is to review major construction plans to ensure compliance with regulatory zoning codes, ordinances, and laws. Works under very general supervision. May work independently or with other skilled or semi-skilled workers with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks. Reports to the Land Development Project Manager.
- Offers suggestions and direct or participates as a member of a work team.
- Duties and responsibilities include, but or not limited to: approving building plans and specifications that comply with city zoning codes and regulations; assisting a high volume of architects, engineers, developers, and customers in conformity to zoning code regulations; providing services at a public counter to answer questions and approve plans; answering inquiries regarding zoning code regulations, interpretation of the zoning ordinance and procedures; explaining departmental procedures to customers in order to facilitate permit issuance; directing customers to appropriate divisions for requested services; maintaining accurate records, files of plans, plan review status and work performed.
- Prepares periodic updates in the City’s database regarding plans review and other issues.
- Studies, interprets, and ensures zoning code regulations are adhered to in buildings designs.
- Confers with supervisors, inspectors, contractors, the general public and others regarding zoning code interpretations, and related issues.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three (3) years of zoning, building, plumbing, inspection, code compliance, or related experience, and one (1) year of residential or commercial plan review experience required. Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job will be considered under certain guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural or Structural Engineering, Building Construction, or related field is required.
Company: City of Atlanta
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A